- organizing it into the sections listed in the Table of Contents below,
- providing a series of examples that help illustrate how the policies may be implemented by Molly Duggan Associates and
- defining and capitalizing a few terms that are used more than once for simplicity and brevity.
When we refer to “Molly Duggan Associates”, we mean the Molly Duggan Associates entity that acts as the controller or processor of your information, as explained in more detail in the “Identifying the Data Controller and Processor” section below.
Table of Contents:
- Information We Collect and Receive
- How We Use Information
- Data Retention
- How We Share and Disclose Information
- Contacting Molly Duggan Associates
Information We Collect And Receive
Molly Duggan Associates may collect and receive Customer Data and other information and data (“Other Information”) in a variety of ways:
- Customer Data. Customers or individuals granted access to a Workspace website by a Customer (“Authorized Users”) routinely submit Customer Data to Molly Duggan Associates when using the Services.
- Other Information. Molly Duggan Associates also collects, generates and/or receives Other Information:
- Usage Information.
- Services Metadata. When an Authorized User interacts with the Services, metadata is generated that provides additional context about the way Authorized Users work. For example, Molly Duggan Associates logs the Workspaces, channels, people, features, content and links you view or interact with, the types of files shared, and what Third Party Services are used (if any).
- Log data. As with most websites and technology services delivered over the Internet, our servers automatically collect information when you access or use our Websites or Services and record it in log files. This log data may include the Internet Protocol (IP) address, the address of the web page visited before using the Website or Services, browser type and settings, the date and time the Services were used, information about browser configuration and plugins, language preferences and cookie data.
- Device information. Molly Duggan Associates collects information about devices accessing the Services, including type of device, what operating system is used, device settings, application IDs, unique device identifiers and crash data. Whether we collect some or all of this Other Information often depends on the type of device used and its settings.
- Location information. We receive information from you, your Customer and other third-parties that helps us approximate your location. We may, for example, use a business address submitted by your employer, or an IP address received from your browser or device to determine approximate location. Molly Duggan Associates may also collect location information from devices in accordance with the consent process provided by your device.
- Third Party Services. A Customer can choose to permit or restrict Third Party Services for its Workspace. Typically, Third Party Services are software that integrate with our Services, and a Customer can permit its Authorized Users to enable and disable these integrations for its Workspace. Molly Duggan Associates may also develop and offer Molly Duggan Associates applications that connect the Services with a Third Party Service. Once enabled, the provider of a Third Party Service may share certain information with Molly Duggan Associates. For example, if a cloud storage application is enabled to permit files to be imported to a Workspace, we may receive the user name and email address of Authorized Users, along with additional information that the application has elected to make available to Molly Duggan Associates to facilitate the integration. Authorized Users should check the privacy settings and notices in these Third Party Services to understand what data may be disclosed to Molly Duggan Associates. When a Third Party Service is enabled, Molly Duggan Associates is authorized to connect and access Other Information made available to Molly Duggan Associates in accordance with our agreement with the Third Party Provider and any permission(s) granted by Customer (including, by its Authorized User(s)). We do not, however, receive or store passwords for any of these Third Party Services when connecting them to the Services. For more information on Third Party Services, click here.
- Contact Information. In accordance with the consent process provided by your device, any contact information that an Authorized User chooses to import (such as an address book from a device) is collected when using the Services.
- Third Party Data. Molly Duggan Associates may receive data about organizations, industries, lists of companies that are customers, Website visitors, marketing campaigns and other matters related to our business from parent corporation(s), affiliates and subsidiaries, our partners, or others that we use to make our own information better or more useful. This data may be combined with Other Information we collect and might include aggregate-level data, such as which IP addresses correspond to zip codes or countries. Or it might be more specific: for example, how well an online marketing or email campaign performed.
- Additional Information Provided to Molly Duggan Associates. We also receive Other Information when submitted to our Websites or in other ways, such as if you participate in a focus group, contest, activity or event, apply for a job, enroll in a certification program or other educational program hosted by Molly Duggan Associates or a vendor, request support, interact with our social media accounts or otherwise communicate with Molly Duggan Associates.
- Usage Information.
Generally, no one is under a statutory or contractual obligation to provide any Customer Data or Other Information (collectively, “Information”). However, certain Information is collected automatically and, if some Information, such as Workspace setup details, is not provided, we may be unable to provide the Services.
How We Use Information
Customer Data will be used by Molly Duggan Associates in accordance with Customer’s instructions, including any applicable terms in the Customer Agreement and Customer’s use of Services functionality, and as required by applicable law. Molly Duggan Associates is a processor of Customer Data and Customer is the controller. Customer may, for example, use the Services to grant and remove access to a Workspace, assign roles and configure settings, access, modify, export, share and remove Customer Data and otherwise apply its policies to the Services.
Molly Duggan Associates uses Other Information in furtherance of our legitimate interests in operating our Services, Websites and business. More specifically, Molly Duggan Associates uses Other Information:
- To provide, update, maintain and protect our Services, Websites and business. This includes use of Other Information to support delivery of the Services under a Customer Agreement, prevent or address service errors, security or technical issues, analyze and monitor usage, trends and other activities, or at an Authorized User’s request.
- As required by applicable law, legal process or regulation.
- To communicate with you by responding to your requests, comments and questions. If you contact us, we may use your Other Information to respond.
- To develop and provide search, learning and productivity tools and additional features. Molly Duggan Associates tries to make the Services as useful as possible for specific Workspaces and Authorized Users. For example, we may improve search functionality by using Other Information to help determine and rank the relevance of content, channels or expertise to an Authorized User, make Services or Third Party Service suggestions based on historical use and predictive models, identify organizational trends and insights, to customize a Services experience, or create new productivity features and products.
- To send emails and other communications. We may send you service, technical and other administrative emails, messages, and other types of communications. We may also contact you to inform you about changes in our Services, our Services offerings, and important Services-related notices, such as security and fraud notices. These communications are considered part of the Services and you may not opt out of them. In addition, we sometimes send emails about new product features, promotional communications or other news about Molly Duggan Associates. These are marketing messages so you can control whether you receive them. If you have additional questions about a message you have received from Molly Duggan Associates please reach out through the contact mechanisms described below.
- For billing, account management and other administrative matters. Molly Duggan Associates may need to contact you for invoicing, account management, and similar reasons and we use account data to administer accounts and keep track of billing and payments.
- To investigate and help prevent security issues and abuse.
How We Share And Disclose Information
This section describes how Molly Duggan Associates may share and disclose Information. Customers determine their own policies and practices for the sharing and disclosure of Information, and Molly Duggan Associates does not control how they or any other third parties choose to share or disclose Information.
- Customer’s Instructions. Molly Duggan Associates will solely share and disclose Customer Data in accordance with a Customer’s instructions, including any applicable terms in the Customer Agreement and Customer’s use of Services functionality, and in compliance with applicable law and legal process.
- Displaying the Services. When an Authorized User submits Other Information, it may be displayed to other Authorized Users in the same or connected Workspaces. For example, an Authorized User’s email address may be displayed with their Workspace profile. Please consult the Help Center for more information on Services functionality.
- Collaborating with Others. The Services provide different ways for Authorized Users working in independent Workspaces to collaborate, such as shared channels or email interoperability. Other Information, such as an Authorized User’s profile Information, may be shared, subject to the policies and practices of the other Workspace(s).
- Customer Access. Owners, administrators, Authorized Users, and other Customer representatives and personnel may be able to access, modify, or restrict access to Other Information. This may include, for example, your employer using Service features to export logs of Workspace activity, or accessing or modifying your profile details.
- Third Party Services. Customer may enable or permit Authorized Users to enable Third Party Services. We require each Third Party Service to disclose all permissions for information access in the Services, but we do not guarantee that they do so. When enabled, Molly Duggan Associates may share Other Information with Third Party Services. Third Party Services are not owned or controlled by Molly Duggan Associates and third parties that have been granted access to Other Information may have their own policies and practices for its collection, use, and sharing. Please check the permissions, privacy settings, and notices for these Third Party Services or contact the provider for any questions.
- Corporate Affiliates. Molly Duggan Associates may share Other Information with its corporate affiliates, parents and/or subsidiaries.
- During a Change to Molly Duggan Associates’s Business. If Molly Duggan Associates engages in a merger, acquisition, bankruptcy, dissolution, reorganization, sale of some or all of Molly Duggan Associates’s assets or stock, financing, public offering of securities, acquisition of all or a portion of our business, a similar transaction or proceeding, or steps in contemplation of such activities, some or all Other Information may be shared or transferred, subject to standard confidentiality arrangements.
- Aggregated or De-identified Data. We may disclose or use aggregated or de-identified Other Information for any purpose. For example, we may share aggregated or de-identified Other Information with prospects or partners for business or research purposes, such as telling a prospective Molly Duggan Associates customer the average amount of time spent within a typical Workspace.
- To Comply with Laws. If we receive a request for information, we may disclose Other Information if we reasonably believe disclosure is in accordance with or required by any applicable law, regulation, or legal process.
- To enforce our rights, prevent fraud, and for safety. To protect and defend the rights, property, or safety of Molly Duggan Associates or third parties, including enforcing contracts or policies, or in connection with investigating and preventing fraud or security issues.
- With Consent. Molly Duggan Associates may share Other Information with third parties when we have consent to do so.
Molly Duggan Associates takes security of data very seriously. Molly Duggan Associates works hard to protect Other Information you provide from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access or disclosure. These steps take into account the sensitivity of the Other Information we collect, process and store, and the current state of technology. Molly Duggan Associates has received internationally recognized security certifications. To learn more about current practices and policies regarding security and confidentiality of the Services, please see our Security Practices. Given the nature of communications and information processing technology, Molly Duggan Associates cannot guarantee that Information during transmission through the Internet or while stored on our systems or otherwise in our care will be absolutely safe from intrusion by others. When you click a link to a third-party site, you will be leaving our site and we don’t control or endorse what is on third-party sites.
Contacting Molly Duggan Associates
For Customers and Authorized Users who use Workspaces established for Customers in the US and Canada:
Molly Duggan Associates
One Market Plaza
36th Floor, Spear Tower
San Francisco, CA 94105